Ok, I have absolutely no experience in sewing stretch swimwear, or much experience in stretch at all… so it was with extreme trepidation I started to sew up this Kwik Sew pattern from 1988
Making life even more difficult, I decided to fully line it (not being too sure that the lighter colour would remain opaque when wet)
Surprisingly enough – once I had figured out the tension on both the over locker and the sewing machine – it went together extremely easily! The hardest part was cutting it out (I have noticed that a lot of swimwear seamstresses tend to use rotary cutters but I just hacked away with scissors that felt really quite blunt on the lycra)
I liked how it turned out so much, I am halfway through finishing the two piece now!